Saturday, December 24, 2011

Schlafly Christmas Ale‏--JT's Review

I think it has become apparent that Brian and I both like Schlafly's beer. I, however, am not a big fan of the Ale's. I am in the Christmas spirit though, so at an ugly sweeter party the other night when my neighbor Shawn brought over some Shlafly Christmas Ale, I felt obliged to give it a try.

It turned out to be pretty good. I think that they do a great job brewing beer, and they made their seasonal ale very well. It was very heavily spiced, which isn't always for me. However, it was a great mix. The malts were strong and had a flavor of caramel. There were a little more hops than I would have preferred, but it was to be expected in an American Style Christmas Ale. What really tipped the scales was the 8% ABV!

This wasn't the kind of beer that I would want to sit around and drink all night, but it was good. I'm glad I tried it, and I will always include it in holiday celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment