Monday, December 19, 2011

Boulevard Nut Cracker Ale‏--JT's Review

If you are a frequent reader of our reviews, you know by now that I am not a huge fan of really hoppy ale's, but I am a pretty big fan of Boulevard beer out of Kansas City. I saw their holiday winter ale, and I couldn't resist.

Their web site says that it is Boulevard's holiday gift for the real beer drinker. I consider myself a real beer drink who also enjoys gifts. As it turns out, it was a nice gift.

The taste was really sweet initially followed by a toasty malt flavor. There was a little too much of the bitterness from the hops that I usually don't like, but it had enough brewing spices to offset it so that I could enjoy it.

I wouldn't characterize it as my favorite holiday seasonal, but I did drink all six of the ones I bought the night I got it(minus the one my neighbor drank). It wasn't bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment