Monday, December 19, 2011

Arcadia Sky High Rye

This beer is brewed by the Arcadia Brewing Co. in Battle Creek, MI.  This is the second Arcadia brew that I have sampled (the first being their Jaw Jacker pumpkin ale.

This beer is described as a "West Coast Style" pale ale with rye malt.  It is a hazy yellow/orange brew with a 6.0% ABV.  At first taste you really taste citrus/floral and hops.  It was hoppy, but not over the top (I am not a "hop head"). The more you drink this beer, the better it gets.  It has a relatively clean finish.  I say that because it didn't have all that "hopness" lingering in the back of my throat.  Will I buy this beer again??  Probably not.  It is still a little too hoppy for my taste and a little too expensive at over $9.00 a six pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment