Thursday, January 19, 2012

New Glarus Spotted Cow Ale‏--JT's Review

One of my good friends in the neighborhood's father in law is from Wisconsin. He was down for Christmas, and was kind enough to bring some excellent Wisconsin brewed beer!

New Glarus Brewing Company is in New Glarus, Wisconsin, and was founded by Dan Carey in 1993. Before founding his brewery, Dan worked for Anheuser-Busch(no better place to train for brewing beer). He has won awards for Small and Midsized brewer of the year.

On to the beer: I really liked it a lot. Not usually being a big fan of ale's, I thought this one was really good. They allow the yeast to stay in the bottle, which makes it really cloudy, but they claim that it enhances all of the flavors. It was a smooth and fruity flavored beer. It was different than anything I have had before, but I liked it a lot. I hope Ross will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment