Friday, January 6, 2012

Brother Thelonious Belgium Style Abby Ale‏--JT's Review

From the North Coast Brewing Company in Fort Bragg, California, Brother Thelonious is a great Belgium Style Abby. It is from the. American Art Series. The web site classifies it as a "dark strong ale", which I feel is an understatement. It is 9.3% ABV, and it was thick. It was need to cut with a knife, chew it up to swallow thick. It was ok, but it was defiantly a sippin beer.

I actually liked the beer, and since I split it with Shawn, it only took me about 20 minutes to get through my half. The flavor was very full and malty, which I like, but it was very strong. The hops finished pretty strong, but the taste was sweet enough to compensate for them.

Brother Thelonious was good, but it was definitely one that I would only want to drink a couple at a time. If you see it, I would tell you to give it a try, but a six pack will go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment