Saturday, January 7, 2012

Choc Winter Baltic-style Porter‏--JT's Review (this is a little dated)

Back in August, I reviewed Choc's Pietro Piegari Amber Ale. I really liked it. I have been anxious to try more beer from The Choc Brewery. Yesterday I found some Choc Beer in a 2 for 2 dollar deal at Macadoodle's. Being Christmas time, I, of course grabbed the Winter Porter.


The label on the bottle is pretty cool, and made me feel in the holiday spirit. The beer poured very dark in the glass with an unusual amount of carbonation. Usually I am a fan of sipping Winter/Holiday Porters, but this one was not my favorite. I think they were going for the roasted malt affect, but they ended up tasting almost like burned malts. It seemed like with the amount of carbonation, the alcohol flavor was really dry. I was disappointed. I really wanted this one to be a keeper, but it wasn't for me.

I also grabbed the Choc 1919 American Wheat and will review it soon. I hope it is better than the Porter.

No comments:

Post a Comment