Sunday, January 15, 2012

Diamond Bear Southern Blonde‏--JT's Review

I have said this before, and I will say it again. I really want to like Diamond Bear beer. I have a huge amount of civic pride about our state, and I really want to like beer brewed in our state capital. I emailed them a couple of months ago and asked which of their beers I should try if I am not so much into having so many hops that it singes my nose hair. They replied with the suggestion that their Southern Blonde was the answer. It was not.

I will give them this: the hops were not too strong. However, it tasted like they substituted good rich,black,topsoil dirt for the malts. Other than that, it was a damn fine beer. For me, I just couldn't get past the dirt flavor. Maybe there are people who appreciate the "earthy" flavor more than I do? If they are out there, they can have this one.

To my fellow Arkansan's at Diamond Bear: make a lager that tastes like a LAGER! Put your own stamp on it, but give it a traditional lager flavor. People that don't eat much dirt will like it!

In case you were wondering, this one wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment