Monday, January 16, 2012

Fischer Traditional Amber‏--JT's Review

Fischer beer is brewed in France, and is considered a Euro Dark Lager. I didn't know there was such a classification, and I doubt I would have classified this beer in it if I had known.
 
I like the beer a lot, but it just wasn't what I would call a dark lager. It was more like a brown ale. I saw the beer on the shelf at Macadoodle's sold as a single pint and 6 ounce bottle with a cork. 
 
The beer had a nice toasty malt flavor followed by a light hint of caramel. The hops were dry and smooth creating a nice easy finish. I thought it was good, but it did seem to be lacking something? The word I would use to describe the taste is "thin". I was surprised to find that it had a 6% ABV.
 
I'm sure I will give it another try, but for me it was just ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment