Saturday, January 7, 2012

Franziskaner Weissbier

I have actually had this beer before, on tap, at a local Irish bar/grill.  I decided to go ahead a buy a six pack of it at the beer store.  I am glad that I did.  It was as good as I remembered it.

As I have said before, I really like wheat/wit/hefe beers.  This import is brewed in Germany and has been for a long long time.  Of course, it is cloudy when you pour it and straw colored.  At first taste, you really notice the spices/yeast/coriander.  You also notice that it is very carbonated.  No big deal.......just be prepared to burp..........which is fun. 

I really enjoyed this beer.  It is easy drinking and has a solid ABV of 5%.  You also have to love the bottle cap and bottle.  Who doesn't like to see a monk lifting a big ole beer to his mouth?!

No comments:

Post a Comment