Monday, January 9, 2012

Mother's Winter Grind Coffee Stout‏--JT's Review

I am a huge fan of Mothers Brewing Company in Springfield, Missouri! I have yet to try one of their beers that I didn't really like a lot. Their winter seasonal did not disappoint at all.

When I poured it in a glass, the first thing that I noticed was that it is totally black. It might have been the darkest beer I have ever drank. It didn't taste nearly as heavy as it looked. It was very smooth and malty. The malts tasted roasted and had a flavor of caramel. There was a hint of wheat and, of course coffee. It smelled great, and it tasted even better!

I can't say that this was a "drink all day beer", but it was really good. I will drink many more of these during the cold days that are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment