Saturday, January 21, 2012

Half Wit Wheat

This beer is from the Charleville Vineyard and Microbrewery in St. Genevieve, MO.  St. Genevieve is really not that far from me, and let me say, I will definitely make a trip up there as soon as I can.

I grabbed a six pack of this because it is brewed close to home, and because it is one of my favorite types of beers (wheat/wit).  What a great and refreshing beer.  This beer would be an unbelievable summer beer.  What sets this brew apart from the others (wheat/wit) has to be the prevalent orange.  It is recommended to be served with an orange slice.  I don't think it needs it.  The orange is not overwhelming to me, but it did make me feel as if I was drinking something healthy.  Beer and vitamin C.......who doesn't need that????   Another good thing about this beer is that it is "chick friendly."  My wife really liked this beer!!  (Which is rarely the case)

If you like this style of beer......and oranges.......and beer.....you must give this a shot.  It will be a constant in my beer fridge this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment