Saturday, January 7, 2012

Founders Red Rye PA Ale‏--JT's Review

I have to admit that I was not excited about trying this beer. However, I was surprised at how much I liked it.

Founders Brewing Company is in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The label says "Hopped up and brewed with rye". I don't think I have ever drank a beer brewed with rye, but "hopped up" is usually a big turn off for me.

It was very bitter from the start, and had a strong tart flavor of grapefruit. It transitioned into some very rich malts that lead to the overwhelming hops. I think that the malts moving into the hops helped ease the bite of the hops. It turned out to be very good.

I couldn't drink these all day at a tailgate, but a few of them were very good. It was a different beer, but it was surprisingly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment