Friday, January 6, 2012

Murphy's Red Ale

This is the first time that I have had a Murphy's Red Ale.  This is also the first time that I have reviewed a red ale.  My neighbor gave me several of these beers.  He had bought a six pack and didn't really care for them.

Now that I think of it, this might be the only other red ale that I have had since drinking Killian's (a lot) in college.  I am not really drawn to red ales.  This 5.0% ABV ale was not bad.  It had good carbonation and was light bodied.  It had adequate maltness with a little hoppy bite at the end that didn't last too long. 

I don't know if I could drink more than a couple of these in one sitting before I got tired of them.  And I probably wouldn't buy any more at the beer store.  However, I might sample another if I found myself at an Irish pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment