Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tommyknocker Jack Whacker Wheat Ale

This beer comes from the Tommyknocker Brewery located in Idaho Springs, CO.  The brewery's website is pretty cool.  It gives the whole background on the name(s) and the town it's brewed in.  It's basically a old mining town with mining themed beers etc.

This particular beer is an unfiltered wheat ale with the addition of lemon grass towards the end of the brewing process.  The beer has the common hazy look as any other unfiltered wheat.  The main difference is the prominent flavor of the lemon grass.  It is quite "earthy." 

I enjoyed this beer.  It isn't my favorite wheat beer of all time, but I am glad I made the purchase.  If you like light wheat beers with a bit of citrus, then you should definitely give this a shot......if you can get it in your area.

This beer was previously reviewed by JT.  I thought I would give it a try as well, since I am a fan of the unfiltered wheat

No comments:

Post a Comment