Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Samuel Adams Dunkelweizen‏--JT's Review

There is a new bar in Fayetteville called Tanglewood Branch. It is at an intersection that I travel regularly, so I decided to stop in for a beer and a look around. It is a pretty cool place as it is set up in an old gas station. The only problem is that they don't have a tv, which I guess will insure that its never too crowded? Anyway, they have Sam Adams Dunkelweizen on tap. I decided to give it a try.

Not a bad selection. I don't think I could drink more than a couple, but it was really good for the purpose of stopping in for a quick beer. Dunkelweizen means "dark wheat", and it lived up to that. It had a hazy look in the glass. The flavor was all over the place. It had a bunch of brewing spices, but they were complimented by a hint of fruit. It had a nice crisp finish.

I will drink it again soon, but I recommend trying it in a sampler pack or off tap. It may not be for everyone
.

No comments:

Post a Comment