Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Goose Island Mild Winter‏--JT's Review

I have always enjoyed Goose Island beer. As I posted earlier in my Honker's Ale review, I had it for the first time while working in Chicago. Obviously, they weren't serving seasonal winter beer in the summer. I ran into the "Mild Winter" as part of a sampler pack while on a Sunday beer run to Macadoodle's in Missouri.

I don't know if it made a difference or not, but on the bottle it said serve in a Willi glass, so I did. I thought the beer was really good. It was a dark brown from the pour with a nice foamy head. The malts gave it a caramel flavor followed by a hint of brewing spices. The finish was mild and smooth.

As the weather cools off, this is a solid choice if you are into a good seasonal
.

No comments:

Post a Comment