Saturday, November 5, 2011

Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale

I tried this beer the other night when me and the wife were out with some friends at a local restaurant.  It was on tap, so I decided to give it a try because I had never seen it.............and also I am a big fan of the Boulevard "family." 

When it was delivered to our table it kind of looked like any other beer. It wasn't dark or overly hazy.  So, it was a little surprising when I took a drink of it.  It hit the taste buds in a hurry......somewhat of a punch to the face.  It was a little citrus and a lot of hops.  I had some of the others at our table taste this brew.  Everyone had the same reaction.  I don't know if they all made a "bad" face, but it was definitely a "face."  It was almost like they had just bitten into a lemon......a lemon made of hops.  They didn't ask for another taste.

I did not hate this beer, especially when I found out it had 8% ABV.  I would have ordered another one if we had more time......and a shorter distance to travel back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment