Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yazoo Hefeweizen

I haven't had many of the Yazoo brews.  I think I might have sampled a couple on some of my trips to Nashville (Yazoo is brewed in Nashville), but some of those memories are a little hazy.  If you have ever been to Nashville you know how fun of a town it is!!

This hefeweizen is typical of all of its kind.  It is cloudy with yeast that settles on the bottom.  The label states that it is 70% yeast and has "an aroma of bananas and cloves and a tart finish."  While drinking this beer I did taste the cloves and agree it has somewhat of a tart finish.  The banana claim wasn't evident when I first started drinking it.  However, the more I drank, the more I could taste a little banana.  It was real subtle but it was there.

Usually I can pound a few hefeweizens with no problem.  I don't think that would be the case with this beer.  I did really enjoy it...............just slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment