Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Abita Satsuma Harvest Wit

I love Abita beers, and I also love wits.............so it was a "no brainer" to pick this beer up and give it a try.  Another thing that lured me to this beer was the satsuma.  What in the world is a satsuma??  Exactly what I asked myself........and many other people.  I was relieved when I wasn't the only one who didn't know what the satsuma was.  Frankly, it sounds like a made up fruit in an effort to sell beers.  However, it does exist..............even though, I would buy and drink a beer with a "non-existent" fruit.  A satsuma is a sort of seedless orange with an Asian origin that can be found down in Louisiana. 

As far as the beer goes, it is the typical wit.  It has the coriander, the orange peels (and satsumas), and is cloudy in appearance.  The one downfall of this beer is that it has a little too much aftertaste.  I felt like I was chewing on the orange/satsuma peel after every gulp.  All in all, it was a decent wit beer.  I have to say that this whole experience was extremely positive.  I drank a new beer and learned what a freakin' satsuma was.  Tell everyone................beer helps you learn things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment