Thursday, August 18, 2011

Samuel Adams Imperial White (JT's review)

From reading the label, one might think that this is a soft white ale that would be smooth to drink. One would be wrong.

This is not a bad beer, but at 10.3% alcohol, it is a sippin beer. It took me 45 minutes to drink two of them. By the way, I will not need to consume any more beer to sleep well tonight.

The flavor is a little spicey, but it goes down ok. As you drink it, there is a definite over tone. Of Sam Adams, which I find to be ok. The after taste is what left me a little concerned. It is strong and made me want to go brush my teeth.

If I ever buy it again, and at $2.50 a bottle, I'm not sure I will, I will drink it in place of scotch with a cigar.

If you try it, all I can say is good luck. It will put some lead in your pencil!

No comments:

Post a Comment