Sunday, July 1, 2012

Yuengling Lager and Yuengling Black and Tan (JT's Review)

picture courtesy of  beer-taster.com

I decided to do this review a little differently. I am going to combine two great beers into one review. 


Yuengling is our country's oldest brewery! It was established in Pottsville, Pennsylvania, in 1829. One of my friends that was playing ball in the northeast sent me some about 15 years ago. I loved it. Yuengling beer is only sold east of the Mississippi River, so it is a real treat when I am where I can buy it. The other night, I was at a friends house, and one of his neighbors produced both flavors for this review from his recent travels.


Their lager is smooth and has a ton of good flavor. It is amber in color and has a sweet caramel taste.


The black and tan was a little different than I thought it would be, but it was great all the same. It tasted a little more like a porter. It had a ton of malts, and definitely had the Yuengling stamp on it.


The next time you venture to the eastern part of the country or if you already live there, this is a must try.

picture courtesy of  http://watermalthopsyeast.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment