Sunday, July 1, 2012

Shipyard Prelude Special Ale (JT's Review)

picture courtesy of  yearinbeer.tumblr.com

The word ale without the word brown in front of it usually makes me nervous. However, with Spring here, and winter seasonal's on sale, I felt that I should broaden my horizons.


Shipyard is from Portland,Maine, and makes a great Pumpkin beer. Shawn and I will be taking our families to Maine, this summer and I hope to visit the Shipyard brewery. After drinking their special ale, I hope that they still have some on hand when we arrive!


This was a really good beer. It didn't taste like a typical winter seasonal. It just tasted like a really good smooth beer. It was sweet and malty, with a toffee and caramel taste. There were some mild brewing spices that came at just the right time, with a light crisp finish.


This was more of an amber ale tasting beer to me. I thought it was good. As much as I look forward to warm weather, this one makes me ready for winter again.

No comments:

Post a Comment