Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ghost River Golden Ale

I live fairly close to Memphis and visit there often for a variety of reasons.  I was extremely happy to discover a while back that they have a brewery called Ghost River.  When it comes to this brewery's beers, they say that "great water makes great beer."  The website will give you the back story on the water from Memphis.  Take it from me (and all my family in Memphis) that Memphis does have great drinking water.  I plan on trying them all but today I will be reviewing their Golden Ale.


Let me tell you, the Memphis water made a great beer when it comes to the Golden Ale.  This looks and feels like your typical lager, but it tastes much better.  It has a little sweetness that gives it a little more body.  Even though it is sweet it finishes crisp.  It is a beer that you could sit down and drink the entire six pack with ease, especially since it only has a ABV of 4%.  I can guarantee that I will pick up some more of this beer the next time I venture over to Memphis.



No comments:

Post a Comment