Monday, July 30, 2012

Sneaky Pete Imperial IPA

I have mentioned before on this blog that I am not a big IPA guy.  I saw this in the local beer store and decided to buy it and make the "sacrifice" for the blog and you, the readers.  It was sold in four packs and I noticed that it had a ABV of 10%, so it really wasn't a huge sacrifice!  Sneaky Pete Imperial IPA comes from the Laughing Dog Brewery in Idaho.


When I poured it I was surprised by its color.  It was darker than I expected, which I like because it generally means malty.  This was the case.  It was sweet and not too much of a hop punch in the face.  The high ABV gave me a warm feeling when it was going down.  This beer is definitely a sipping beer.  You might be able to have a couple with a meal.  I don't know if I will buy this beer again, but I am glad that I bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment