Sunday, July 1, 2012

Widmer Brothers Citra Blonde Summer Brew‏ (JT's Review)

Image courtesy of  Untappd.com

I love summer seasonal's! Widmer's version was not what I expected, but it was good. It falls into the "different, but good" category. I found it in a 2 for 2 dollars deal at Macadoodle's. I have drank and reviewed a couple of Widmer's beers, and the Portland based brewery hasn't let me down yet. They make good beer, and it is usually has a unique stamp on it. This beer was no different.The name having the word "citra" in it made me think it would be a light fruity beer. It wasn't light at all. It had almost a winter porter taste to it with a faint twang of citrus. I was expecting something that I would want to chug after I mowed my yard. Instead what I tasted was better saved for cold winter day.It was a good beer, but just don't feel like it is going to be a lawn mower beer. Buy it to enjoy slowly, and I think you will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment