Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rahr's Blonde Lager‏--JT's Review

Rahr's Blonde Lager is brewed by Rahr's and Son's Brewery in Ft. Worth, Texas. This one another one of the treasures that I found on my trip to Dallas. It is fantastic! I plan to visit the brewery the next time I'm in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

They call this a pale gold lager. I drank the first few out of a bottle, and would not have thought it was pale in any way. After pouring one in the glass, I realized they were right. The flavor is full of great malts, with a sweet finish that has a light hint of hops. This was an extremely smooth beer. At first I thought it might be a little sweet for my tastes, but at the end of the 6-pack I wished I had more.

I did discover one problem with this beer. After emailing back and forth with the brewery, I realized that Texas is the only place it can be bought right now. I really hope that the Razorbacks do better than the Cotton Bowl, but if for some reason they slip, I will be making a pregame trip to Rahr and Son's Brewery.

No comments:

Post a Comment