Sunday, October 16, 2011

Diamond Bear Pale Ale

Being from the great state of Arkansas, I really want to like the beers from Little Rock's Diamond Bear Brewery.  I have only had a small sampling of their beers, but I have to say the jury is still out.  I actually had this pale ale from the tap at a pizza joint. 

Pale ales aren't my favorite, so I might not have tried this one with an "open mind" so to speak.  Let me say that this was not a great experience.  I don't know if it was the malts or hops or what.  All I know is that I felt like I was making a sour face after every gulp.  I'm not an experienced enough pale ale drinker to know how it compares to others.  Maybe I should to some more comparing.  Maybe some of you guys can comment on this beer and help me out.  I wish it was better.

1 comment:

  1. I could not agree more. I have tried to like this beer many different times. I just can't pull it off. To make it worse, it's relatively expensive. I'm ok with expensive beer, but it has to be good. Average to bad expensive beer won't fly.

    ReplyDelete