Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Guinness Black Lager

My next door neighbor was actually the one who first told me about Guinness Black Lager.  He saw the commercial for the beer and eventually bought a six pack of it.  He was kind enough to put a couple of them in my beer fridge.  Since then, I too have seen the commercial for the beer.

I am a fan of Guinness Stout, so I figured I would like this brew as well........I was right.  It is a cold brewed, lighter version of the original.  Even though it is lighter it still has all the flavor you need and expect from Guinness. 

If you were looking for a comparison to another beer.........I would compare it to something like the Abita Turbo Dog.  If someone hasn't tried Guinness Stout because of some sort of fear of the "heaviness," then this might be an option for them to try first.  This could be their Guinness "training wheels."

1 comment:

  1. I had my first Guinness Black last night. I thought it was pretty good. Brian's review is right on. My way of describing it is Guinness Light. It isn't a light beer, but it is for them.

    I plan to try to pour a Black and Tan with it. I think it would be fine. Being a little lighter, I might not need as heavy a beer to put under it? I will soon let you know!

    ReplyDelete