Friday, April 13, 2012

Mikkeller Yeast Series American Style Ale‏ (JT's Review)

Let me first say that this is a beer that I would have never bought if it was up to me. Not being a big fan of ale's and not being a big fan of paying $6.50 for a bottle of beer would have been enough to deter me. Shawn picked this beer up while he was in Springfield. As it turned out, I'm glad he did. It was different, but pretty good.

The malt flavors were light, but there were the right amount for this beer. Following the malts, there was a strong citrus flavor that led into a dry bitter hop/alcohol mix. The more I worked through the beer, the better it tasted.

Mikkeller is brewed in Belgium, and even though it is classified as an American Pale Ale, it is defiantly a Belgium. The ABV is a solid 8.0%, but for 6.50 a bottle, I don't think it is one I'll try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment