Monday, April 2, 2012

Billy's Chilies Beer‏ (JT's Review)


photo courtesy of  http://www.dailybeerreview.com/2011/06/billys-chilies.html
 If you see this beer and have any desire to try it, turn and run away as fast as you can. I like spicy foods and I love beer, so the combination of the two seemed to be a good idea. It was not.

Billy's Chilie's is brewed in Boulder, Colorado by the Twisted Pine Brewing Company. It has an ABV of 5% and is classified as a Chili Beer. Their website suggests pairing it with food, and more specifically with your eggs at breakfast. On occasion I enjoy a beer in the morning, but I can't think of a worse idea than drinking one of these to start my day.

The beer has 5 different kinds of peppers in its ingredients. It takes as if they filled the bottle with peppers and then poured a beer in to soak for a few weeks.

I can only tell you that my stomach has yet to recover from the drinking of 6 ounces of it(Shawn and I split it). If you care about your body, I strongly advise not putting Billy's Chilie's in it.

1 comment:

  1. Please link the photo to where it was published http://www.dailybeerreview.com/2011/06/billys-chilies.html and give attribution to DailyBeerReview.com

    ReplyDelete