Thursday, March 8, 2012

Moose Drool Brown Ale‏ (JT's Review)

You guys know that I love a good brown ale. This beer was no exception! Moose Drool Brown Ale was one of the better brown's that I have had in a while. I had heard of it before, but I don't think we can get it in Arkansas. I did find it at a Brown Derby store in Springfield, Missouri.

It is brewed by Big Sky Brewing Company in Missoula, Montana. It has an ABV of a solid 5.1%. I loved the label, as it has a moose in a lake about waist deep in water getting a drink(I'm always a sucker for a cool label).

The beer was very rich and smooth. It had a ton of malts that tasted differently as I worked through each drink. The most prevalent was one of caramel. The hops were soft in a nice smooth finish.

To be honest, I drank 5 out of the 6-pack in one sitting, and by the end of the 5th one, I was ready to get back to an Anheuser Light. I liked it a lot, but the taste was a little sweet to have more than 3 or 4 at a time. It is a great after work beer!



My Review:  I agree with JT.  I, also, am a fan of the brown ale.  I really liked this beer at first.  The more I drank it, the more it became a little too sweet with the lingering aftertaste.  I loved it for the first 8oz.  Drink one of these if it's on tap........or with a meal.  Not awful, but plenty of better "browns" out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment