Sunday, March 4, 2012

Kennebunkport Brewing Company Blueberry Wheat (Shawn's Review)

This summer, J.T., his wife and daughter, his brother and wife, and my family are all going to visit Maine. My wife picked up a Maine beer for me in St. Louis at Trader Joe’s. It is from the Kennebunkport Brewing Company in Kennebunkport, Maine. The Kennebunkport Brewing Company is the brewery for Federal Jack’s Restaurant and BrewPub in Kennebunk, Maine.

The selection I had from KBC was their Blueberry Wheat Ale. Now usually I stay away from fruit flavored brews because it isn’t my bag. However, of the ones I have actually enjoyed over the years, the blueberry ones always won me over.
Upon opening, getting a whiff of the aroma sent me to my childhood, not because I was drinking beer at 7, but because it smelled like Captain Crunch Berry cereal! I figured with a smell like that it can’t be bad.
With the first taste I found a high level of carbonation on the front of the tongue and blueberry on the middle of the tongue. It was delicious and once again the blueberry brew didn’t disappoint! This would be a great dessert beer that would go good with any blueberry flavor cakes or pound cakes. I hope to pick up some more this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment