Sunday, February 19, 2012

Snow Cap Ale

This will probably be my last review of a Winter Seasonal........unless I run into a great deal at the beer store.   The Snow Cap Winter Warmer comes from the Pryramid Brewing Company.  One of my buddies hooked me up with this beer, and I am so glad that he did!

I don't see a lot of Pyramid beer in my neck of the woods so I really didn't know what to expect.  The label on this bottle really sells the winter aspect.  Also on the label you will notice that this beer has an ABV of  7% (which is one of the highest of my winter tastings.)  That is what makes this a "Winter Warmer." 

I didn't know if I was going to like this brew after my first few sips.  It was rather hoppy.  But, it grew on me drink after drink.  Maybe it was the high alcohol content........who cares....this beer is money!!  I really enjoyed the robust flavors and the warming effect.  One of the best winter ales I had all season.  I will definitely remember this one for next season!  I don't ever look forward to winter, but at least this beer will act as a sort of silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment