Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New Belgium Dig Pale Ale

The Dig Pale Ale is the New Belgium spring seasonal.  I really don't recall seeing this beer before. 

This brew definitely has the New Belgium taste to it.  By that I mean it has that New Belgium hoppiness.  The name "Dig" is very appropriate.  It kind of tasted like it was dug out of the ground or mowed.  This beer tasted a little "grassy" to me.  A little too earthy for my taste.  I almost needed some water to cleanse the palate after each drink.

If you are a die hard New Belgium drinker, then you might like this one.  I didn't hate it, but I will not buy it again.  Glad I tried it though.

1 comment:

  1. I had this one before dinner tonight, and I totally agree. It was very earthy. I could taste the mango and grapefruit in it, but it taste like you had rolled them down a dirt road first. At first, I was not a fan at all, but by the end of it I wasn't sure. I had mixed emotions. I traded for this one, so I do believe I am going to have to buy some to get to the bottom of it. It maybe one of those acquired tastes. Jury is still our in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete