Sunday, August 12, 2012

Leinenkugels Original Lager (JT's Review)

Everyone knows about Leinenkugels beer from Chippewa Falls, Wiscinsin. I have enjoyed a ton of their different beers. One thing that never really occured to me was that they didn't have just a normal old lager. I just assumed that they didn't make one, but I never really gave it much thought? Several weekends ago, my friend Ross was down from Wisconsin for his granddaughter's birthday. He brought, among other beers, some Leine's Lager. I can't wait to review some of the other beers. They were excellent, and he brought me some Nude Beech from Point Brewery which I have reviewed on the blog. It is one of my favorite summer seasonals.

The beer was just like you would expect it to be. It was a medium bodied American lager. It was very similar to a Budweiser or Coors Original. It very much had the Leinenkugel stamp on it.

I enjoyed several of these beers(cheers to you Ross!) It is the kind of beer that you can pair with just about any occasion, and you can drink it all day long. The best thing about it was that Ross told me that in Wisconsin, it sells for around 14 dollars a case in bottles or cans. I really wish we could get it in Arkansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment