Monday, August 6, 2012

Schlafly Oatmeal Stout‏ (JT's Review)


If you are a follower of our blog, you already know that Brian, Shawn, and I are all three pretty big Schlafly beer fans. It is brewed in St. Louis by The St. Louis Brewery. I have yet to try one of their beers that I didn't like. Through the blog I have also gotten to know one of the guys that works at the brewery. I hope to make it up to St. Louis for a Cardinals game and a tour of their facility soon.

Usually I don't drink a lot of stouts in the summer time, but I have been drinking a lot of Schlafly Summer Ale. I was up at the Macadoodles in Missouri, to pick some up, and I decided to also build a six pack. I found the Schlafly Oatmeal Stout and decided to give it a try.

The beer was somewhat like your typical oatmeal stout. It was very malty (which I like). It wasn't as sweet as I expected, but still good all the same. It definitely had the stamp of the St. Louis Brewery on it.

I highly recommend any of the Schlafly beers, and this one was no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment