Monday, September 24, 2012

Polestar Pilsner

image courtesy of  examiner.com

I believe that this is the first beer that I have tried/reviewed from the Left Hand Brewing Co. from Longmont, CO.  I think JT has reviewed at least one from this brewery.

I was provided with this beer by my gracious neighbor Chris.  He grabbed a couple different brews from Left Hand from a big time beer store in the St. Louis area called Friar Tuck.  I have never been to or heard of this store, but I definitely want to check it out sometime.

This beer was pretty dang solid!  It took me trying two of these beers to realize that it was a very good find.  It obviously tasted like a true pilsner, but didn't have that what I call the "European" taste to it.  Unlike those, I could see myself sitting down and finishing a sixer of these.  And with the 5.5% ABV, I would be feeling it afterwards.  I can't wait to find and drink more beers from the Left Hand Brewing Company.  If you get a chance, pick this up and try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment