Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Corona Familiar‏--JT's Review

On my trip to Dallas, I found a 32 ounce bottle of Corona Familiar. I haven't seen these in Arkansas, so I went ahead and grabbed a couple. I was expecting a revolutionary Corona flavor. What I got was interesting. It tasted almost exactly like Corona Extra.

For the sake of our beer guide I decided to experiment. I felt like the Familiar was a little bit more of a full flavor, and maybe a little better tasting. I poured them in a glass side by side, and there was virtually no difference. Then I noticed that the Familiar bottle cap said Corona Extra.

Here's my take: I think Corona's motive is two fold. First, I think that they are trying to experiment with their full flavored beer in a darker bottle to protect it for sunlight. The second thing, which totally worked on me, is to package it differently to sell more. At the end of the day, I found it to be the same beer in a different bottle, but still really good all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment